Thursday, December 11, 2008

See you around kid....No you won't

Hello one and all! It's hard to believe it's been another week. This past week I had the opportunity to go on exchanges to El Centro and to Chaparral, two areas which I've served in previously. It was fun to go back and see some of the people I had taught and baptized before, but also sobering, in some cases, to see what's come of it in the past year. I won't mention to much here in this email but there's a hand-written letter forthcoming. It's already written and everything I just need to get some pictures together and send it off.

By the way that granola is AMAZING. Thank you so much Mom. The assistants are on exchanges with us today and they had some of it for breakfast and are fully converted to Wilson family home-made granola.

We have a baptism coming up this saturday for a woman named Olga. She's AMAZING! One day she just decided that there was something missing in her life, she describes it as "Being alive, but not living". Well the next day the missionaries knocked her door and she's been AWESOME ever since. Every single lesson with her is a spiritual brouhaha. I'm reminded every day that there really are people out there who "are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it".

One thing I've developed in this area is a lot more respect for English elders. We do quite a bit of English work here... And it's hard! We've got a tiny tiny area in Spanish and a HUGE English area and we have the same amount of work in both.

Q&A time:
Yes we live in an apartment complex.
Yes I'm going to send you a ton of pictures today.
I do have my camera and I'm about to fill it up so I'll let you upload all the pictures from the media disk and then send it back.
As for Christmas... I want one really big present, but I'll be sending that in the snail mail letter.
If people want to send me presents, I want:
Ties
Socks
Uh... some cool Christmas cds? Especially talks. I love talks. Especially Neal A Maxwell, Jeffrey Holland, and James E. Faust. But feel free to send anything that would be good.
Oh yeah and I want some SIGNED "The Inkeeper's Wife"s to give to some investigators, converts, and such. Around 20-30 would be appreciated. (If at all possible, I don't know if you still have left overs.) People went crazy over the signed copies last year.

Well anyways that's about it for this weeks edition. I'm excited to talk to you all on Christmas. Parents, expect a hand-written letter soon.

Love,

Elder Ben Wilson

No comments: