Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ether 12:40

Let it be known that Sierra Vista is at a higher altitude than Portland and San Francisco combined, so while you old men (and even young guns) are huffin' and puffin' I'm going to be sailing to a tennis, basketball, ping pong, running, cannon ball sweep. (Golf I will concede just so I don't hurt any feelings)

It's been another week here in Sierra Vista. I have a new companion. His name is Elder Bagley and he is a STUD. He's a really solid missionary, pretty young but he's got everything together. He's also a pretty good ball player, and that, combined with the fact that the bball ban was lifted this morning, should make a pretty fun transfer.

Our zone was strengthened in pretty much every companionship this last transfer and we're already seeing the results. This is going to be an awesome last transfer. As for us, we have four progressing investigators right now, good ol Raymundo (Who is finally out of the hospital and preparing to be baptized on July 11) and his wife, and two new investigators who were invited to church by their friend Trent Barkdall.

Elder Jones, my former companion and good friend, is serving just down the road in Douglas, and it's good to have him near. He's on fire right now and has done some pretty awesome things in the week that he's been there.

Quote of the week is from a former investigator of one of our district leaders. They taught a Jehovah's Witness a first lesson which they seemed to accept, but when they went by the next day there was a note on their door saying that she was only trying to be nice and didn't really want to listen. Sad. Anyways, quote of the week is a sentence that comes midway through her letter. This is the complete sentence: "I honestly believe I have an understanding of what you believe, but unfortunately, I do not." If you can decipher what that means, please let me know.

I won the official Sierra Vista Zone Wimbledon this morning, which isn't saying much since they were all pretty weak players (Like Evan Carlile).

I love you all very much. I'll try to write more next week!

Much love,

Elder Wilson

No comments: