Monday, March 23, 2009

There was NO subject line! What's happening!

Hello everybody! It's been a great week out here in the desert. Things are starting to heat up already. Mid to high 80's all week long. That might sound like good news to you, but honestly, it's kind of foreboding when you're wearing a shirt and tie all week long.

Frank and Grace were baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. The baptism was great and we had a lot of support from the ward. Brother Meek (A convert from a couple of months ago) gave a talk at the baptism. He was a little nervous, I think, but he did a GREAT job. It's so fun to see him get up there, he was a baptist for a looong time and was very active, so his talk was kind of like a good 'ol Baptist sermon (I think, I've never really seen one) but with Mormon doctrine. He and his wife have been really active in fellowshipping and helping Frank and Grace.

By the way, I'm getting a little bigger. I lost my baptism pants a while back, so I asked an elder in our zone if I could try using his. They were 32s, which I knew would be a little snug for me but I thought I'd still be able to fit... wrong. I had to end up using a pair of pants that were miraculously just sitting there in the changing room and pretty much fitted me perfectly (seriously!)

We have two baptisms this coming Saturday. Two young men from a part-member family that we've been reactivating.

I got Chris and Kate's package today. Thank you so much! Those ties are AWESOME!
Thanks to Dad for keeping me updated on MV Basketball and being the most faithful writer on the planet.
And thanks to anyone and everyone else who wrote me. Brig, Mary, it was good to get emails from both of you. Grammie and Poppa, thanks for taking the time to think of me. Ryan Curtis... good to hear from you.

The work is amazing out here! Thanks for all the support!

Till next week,

Elder Ben Wilson




No comments: