Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Are You Sure this Water is Sanitary? It Looks Questionable..

Sep 8, 2008

Hello everyone! I'm going to go ahead and start off by answering Mom's questions.

1) No I don't always use sunscreen.

2) I take heliocare pills often

3) I got and am thoroughly enjoying the granola. (It's disappearing at an alarmingly fast rate... Elder Smith midnight raids are suspected)

4) I don't need any more pills.

5) There aren't many bugs here, just a few cocroaches. (Thank goodness)

So working in a threesome is a little bit of a challenge. Not as many people open doors, I think it's kind of intimidating to have three people in shirts and ties on your doorstep. Elder Smith, who is waiting for his Visa, is an interesting character. He's a good missionary and he's got some great skills but he's got some quirks that took a while to get used to. Oh and we had to teach him to ride a bike and he bailed HARD five times since last Wednesday! But he's a trooper and gets back on every time.

We had Miguel's baptism this week... it was pretty awesome. Almost nobody was there, but the spirit was and that's what counts. Elder Thomas baptized him, his first baptism and he said the prayer in Spanish perfectly, yay! Very dissimilar from the baptism a week ago that took six attempts. Miguel has changed SO MUCH. It's unreal. The gospel is true, and it truly WORKS!

We played basketball this morning, and I dunked ALL OVER some elder. Warn Brig that I haven't lost it all (yet). Actually I'm becoming semi-famous in the mission for having good morning workouts. I've started stretching for the first time in my life... I can touch my toes now!

Well that's about all I have for this week. I have a goal of making next week my best email ever! I love Tucson! I never thought I'd say that but I do! And I love missionary work and the gospel! And I love you all! Send more letters!

Love,

Elder Wilson

No comments: