Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What are the odds that that trap door led me out here?

October 15, 2008

Hello everybody! They didn't quite manage to kick me out of Los Reales yet, I'm still here with Elder Thomas. We'll be spending another transfer together which oficially makes him the companion who I've spent the most amount of time with.

Questions regarding the medical bill: The cause was that I got a big 'ol splinter shoved under my fingernail. Haven't been hit by a car on my bike, but my companion has!

I've been feeling sick lately. Things went from HOT to decent to pretty cold really fast. It still gets hot during the day but right now it's starting to get really really cold at night. So basically the first night that that happened I was caught unawares and got chilled and caught a pretty bad cold.

Which brings me to a pretty cool story. My companion and I got sick. I was feeling pretty miserable. So I was really REALLY lookoing forward to my sleep that night. Well around 1:00 AM I wake up and my companion is snoring louder than a death medal band + a jet engine on my head. I wait ten minutes to see if he'll stop, he doesn't, and so I pack up my blanket and pillow and head to the other side of the house. The thing that makes this particularly unpleasant is that we don't have any carpet in the entire house, just linolium. Well five minutes into tossing and turning on a rock hard floor I realize that this isn't going to work. So I got up and said a prayer and asked God to help me sleep through the night. I laid back down and immediately the thought entereed into my head "Elder Thomas stopped snoring". OKAY! I head back into the room and Elder Thomas is sleeping like a baby and didn't snore for the whole rest of the night. It was a testimony builder for me that God is concerned about the little things in our lives.

I got the packages that you sent me. THANK YOU! It was nice to get some food from back home. Big morale booster.

Oh and my camera and my charger and everything is present and in working order. The only problem is that I often forget to bring it with me when photo opportunities pop-up but I'll try to send you a few pictures in the future.

Well that's about it for this week's eidition. The work of God continues progressing. I love you all and am so greatful for such wonderful parents, siblings, friends and associates. I'm so greatful to be a missionary! This is an amazing work! THE GOSPEL IS TRUE!

Love,

Elder Wilson

No comments: