Tuesday, November 18, 2008

You Rush a Miracle Man, You Get Rotten Miracles

October 6, 2008

Hello everybody! Tucson is... NOT SO HOT ANYMORE! Hopefully it's not just a temporary thing but things actually cooled off yesterday. WOAH! I can't believe it! I was ready to do backflips when I walked out of conference on Saturday around 11:30 and it was mildly warm with a slight breeze. Yes, there was much high-fiving, hugging, celebrating, and screaming for joy from the only full-bike companionship in Tucson.

Yes indeed, conference was amazing. I actually liked the earlier sessions better, confirming Mom's theory that when there are less people at a meeting (especially because of some sort of physical difficulty or inconvencience), it is correspondingly more spiritually powerful. You all pretty much guessed the ones I liked: Sis. Allred, Elder Oaks, Pres. Uchtdorf, Pres. Eyring, Elder Daikutaikus (or whatever his name was), ELDER WIRTHLIN, Elder Christofferson, ok actually I'm going to stop because I could just pretty much go through everyone who spoke. WOW! What an amazing and spiritually uplifting conference! I was literally almost shaking with excitement when President Monson went through and announced all of the new temples.

And who saw the special on President Monson? Holy smokes! What a guy! He also happens to have the most photographic memory I've ever even heard of. "When I first saw my wife I was on the corner of 22nd east and 3rd south, it was 3:22 PM, I was wearing black shoes that I had bought on sale a week earlier and there was a slight breeze blowing to the west."

Unfortunately the investigators didn't quite make their way over (I would have loved for some of them to have heard that talk about the BOM by Elder Daikakutaituakaitus). But there's always conference talks on DVD, right?

Hmmm... it seems like conference has wiped my memory clean of anything and everything else that's going on. Oh yeah, transfers are a week from Wednesday (and there's a pretty decent chance I'll get shipped out) so get cautious with letter writing once we get close to that date. I'm excited for these transfers because I'm getting along really well with my companion, so I'll be really happy if I stay, and I'm sick and tired of being on bikes, so I'll be really happy if I get transfered. Kind of a win-win situation.

Oh yeah, this morning I bought some pants for the suit that has been out of comission for a few months because the pants wore through completely. It was actually kind of a miracle but I found pants that were almost EXACTLY the same color. So this is kind of a round-about way of saying: you'll see my paw-marks on the next credit card bill.

Well that's it for this week's edition boys and girls. The gospel is true and I'm so greatful to be a missionary here in Tucson!

Love,

Elder Wilson


No comments: