Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Baxter, You Know I Don"t Speak Spanish

September 15, 2008

Hello everybody!

Well it's been a good week. I've found out a solution for the 3-some problem: Get a member to go with you and then visit appointments while your companions go out tracting! Instead of a third wheel you get a 2-for-1 deal!

We had a dissapointing Sunday despite an otherwise excellent week. One experience from Saturday that was really awesome. We went to an appointment on Saturday evening but they said they didn't have time so it fell through. Then, as we were leaving, we saw a middle-aged-woman walking down the sidewalk with her two children. I ran up and contacted her and we started talking and started teaching her the first lesson. In the middle of the lesson she started crying and told us that that morning she had been at her father's house and had been looking through some old stuff and found a Bible. She picked it up and started reading it and felt that now was the time for her and her family to get closer to God, but that she didn't know what to do or where to go next. "And now that I met you I know God is trying to send me a sign and that he has a plan for me." Woah, cool. The Lord really does have his hand in this work.

Tucson has been its usual wonderful self. Things cooled off a little for a couple of days but unfortunately that didn't last.

Mom asked me what I love about Tucson. Well Tucson as a whole is actually a beautiful charming city. The University is really cool, and it's really green and has some cool plant-life, what with all the different types of cactus and such. There really is a lot to like about the city. Even the weather is good once you get out of the summer. South Tucson (where I serve), on the other hand, is the armpit of the universe. I love the people here despite where they live. But Tucson as a whole is cool.

Well the Zone Leaders keep telling me that President Walker has an awesome new scheme to double baptisms in the mission, and then put smug looks on their faces and won't tell me what it is. So apparently we should be expecting great things from the ATM!

Well that's about it for this week's edition. I LOVE THIS WORK! We had an assistant who went home finished his mission a few months ago and now two of his friends have baptismal dates. Member-missionary efforts WORK! Please please please don't neglect your responsibilities as member-missionaries. Someone doesn't have to be your best friend in the world in order to invite them to learn more about the restored gospel.

I love you all! Thank you so much for your continuing support, especially those of you who wrote me (Mom, Dad, Chris, Harrison, Emily, Nena)!

Love,

Elder Wilson

No comments: