Monday, August 18, 2008

April 14, 2008 - Dan 4:10

"Thus were the visions of mine head in my bed; and behold a TREE in the midst of the earth, and the height thereof was great.

Hello one and all!

It's been an another eventful week here in Chaparral. Just so you know, yes, my charger is working but I don't have a USB cord to hook up my camera to the computer so it looks like I'll be sending regular photos printed out from WalMart.

Well this last week we had a dust storm that lasted a couple of days(Wednesday and Thursday). I think I just finished cleaning out the last of the dirt from my ears and eyes. Chaparral is really windy and really dusty and so every now and then those two elements combine to make it really miserable. A few times it got really bad where visibility was only about 10 feet but most of the time it was annoying but endurable.

Well this last week was Annette Thompson's baptism and I baptized her. We found her (knocking doors), taught her the first three lessons and brought her to church but eventually we had to hand her off to the English Elders because she doesn't speak all that much Spanish. Anyways, her baptism was really powerful. Elder Espericueta, an awesome elder from Mexico, shared the story of his (apostate) baptism.

The first time he met with missionaries it was in the church next to a baptismal font. They taught him about baptism and tried to comitt him and he said no. Then another companionship came in and did the same thing with the same result. Eventually one of the Elders talked about remission of sins and he decided that sounded awesome. To him, he thought that only Saints and priests went to heaven so the idea of recieving a remission of sins was awesome. So he accepted and was baptized, without any idea that he was being baptized as a memeber of the church! It was pretty funny/inspirational.

By the way, it's good to hear that Dad's health is slowly but steadily improving! And I don't know how I feel about Mom taking the sailboat wallpaper down from my room... that was CLASSIC! Oh well....

and Aunt Diana, I appreciate the email and the response on the cf. question.

By the way, how's the missionary work going in the Alamo wards? And family, what are you doing to help? There are no excuses for not being good member-missionaries. Like Elder Bednar said: You all are the full-time finders.

Well that's your weekly report from Chaptown. I'm healthy and happy and really appreciate all of your love and support!

Viva Chapparral!

Love,

Elder Ben

No comments: