Monday, August 25, 2008

Not Bitter about the Weather

Hello family and friends and anyone else who might be weirdly reading my emails! I'm still alive here in Tucson (Haven't melted yet), and the working is moving forward.

I don't know if I've told you all yet but my companion has different colored eyes, and this last week he has been asked at least five times if one of his contacts fell out. He's starting to get tired of it. (Whereas I tend to laugh harder and harder each time... funny how that works)

Thank you Kate for sending those pictures of Eva. She looks way cute. Make sure that she sees plenty of pictures of her uncle Ben.

I'm glad everyone is having a good time. It's an amazing blessing of the mission that I can read about all of the perfect weather that all of you are experiencing and be happy instead of bitter. It's still nice and sunny here in the desert.

So we've been working with a part-member / less-active family called the Zuniga/Virgen family (Every family here has more than one last name). They wanted to come to church but there was a problem: Ten people and zero cars. We made the appropriate calls and found a wonderful brother who assured us that he would figure it all out for us. Ten minutes before church he shows up, but not our family, but assures us that he found a way for the family to get to church. Five minutes later, we had what could only be called "The Most Mexican Arrival Ever". A caravan of three beat-up cars, the third being an old junky pickup with four people sitting in the bed. I think seeing those cars was one of the best moments of my life. Pure Christ-like joy mixed with hysterical laughter.

Last Tuesday we did zoo-service. We raked and cleaned and painted and such and then at 9 when the park opened they let us in. It was awesome. I felt just like a little kid again. We got to see giraffes and hippos and rhinos and baboons and elephants and monkeys and lions and bears and panthers and anteaters and everything! It was really really cool! (And afterwards we got In-n-out which was pretty cool too!)

Well thank you to everyone who wrote me this week. I appreciate the encouragement and support. I'm headed out, but I love you all! I'm healthy and happy and everything is good here in Tucson!

Love,

Elder Tree Wilson

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is there a recent address to send letters to Elder Wilson? I would love to have that!