Monday, August 18, 2008

January 2, 2008 - Happy New Year!

First things first.

749-D El Paseo
Chaparral, New Mexico 88081

That's my adrress, hopefully that stops Dad from busting some heads on the way to finding it on his own.

So Chaparral is amazing... I think. My companion and I have both been very sick so I haven't been out for a full day of proselyting yet. But from what I have experienced so far I love it! Lot's of Jehova's Witness, dogs, trailers, dirt roads, and HUMBLE PEOPLE READY FOR THE GOSPEL! So that's a really good combo.

We live in a trailer, just like everyone else. In my last area we had the smallest apartment in the mission (maybe in the world!) so the trailer seems like a mansion to me! It's got a bedroom, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a little study area, and even a little workout room with a bench! It really is pretty nice.

My companion, Elder Erickson, is really good. He's the District Leader here and he's a very good missionary. The only problem with him is that he's got the same weakness that I do: A bad memory. This makes us a really dangerous combo but it's good becauase it's making me stretch and improve in the area of remembering appts. and such.

One good thing about being sick is that I had the chance to start Jesus the Christ, and also to read "The Real George". For those of you who don't know, The Real George is the autobiography of my grandpa George Wilson. I think Aunt Pam sent it to me (THANK YOU!). Anyways, I loved it! It was very very good, and almost (ALMOST) gave me my first desires to move to Salt Lake City at some point in my life.

Oh, family, there are some things that I wanted you to send me and I will just remind you really quickly what those were:

Mephisto Socks
My old striped suit
My brown slip on shoes
One of my brown belts if you can find it.

It's freeeeeeeeeezing out here in Chaparral by the way. That's actually how I got sick. I went to sleep with just one blanket on and was fine but the gas ran out in the middle of the night and I got chilled really bad during the night.

...well I wish I had more to tell you all. I guess the only exciting things that have been happening these past few days are my awesome personal studies and language studies that I've been having all day long. I can't wait to actually get out into Chaparral and start DOING WORK!

I love you all! Hope everything is going well back home!

Love,

Elder Wilson

No comments: