Monday, August 18, 2008

January 28, 2008 - Transferred! What a wonderful idea. Yes well, the wheels are always turning.

Hello one an all. It's been another great week here in Chaparral. To answer questions:

Yes, Mom, I got the packages. I thought that I thanked you already but I must not have so: THANK YOU! I'm especially loving the comforter as it tends to get very cold at nights here, even though it is slowly heating up.

To the bajillion of you that wondered if I already knew: Thank you for your concern and yes, President Higham text messaged us all only an hour after President Hinckley's passing.

It started randomly raining this morning and one of the other missionaries commented that the earth is mourning for President Hinckley. He was such a great man, and the only prophet that I really remember. I miss him already but he has moved on to a better place.

By the way starting Thursday I'm going to have to put a temporary moretorium (spelling?) on all handwritten letters sent to Chaparral as transfers are a week from this Thursday and I don't want to risk anything coming late (Missionaries are terrible about forwarding things).

Well there's one brother that we've been working with FOREVER, named hermano Villalba, and just the other day he gave me the nickname milagrote. There's no real english translation but the best I can give you is "Big 'ol miracle". I told him the realy milagrote will be when he stops drinking. But anyways milagrote has officially been inducted into the Ben Wilson Nicknames Hall of Fame, and stands in good company with Tree, Bob, and others.

We found a bunch of new investigators this past week. And not just new investigators but GOOD ones. I'm excited to see what's going to happen and am secretly praying that I'll stay another transfer or two.

By the way, the biggest challenge here in Chaparral (Besides widespread apostasy) is organization. I am A LOT more organized than my companion, Elder Erickson. Those of you that know me know what a sad sad commentary that is. So I've had the opportunity to learn and grow A LOT in that department this last transfer.

By the way, question for Mom and Dad: Do you come up with all of those Bilko quotes by yourselves or are you recruiting the help of my dear brother? Props either way.

A gentle rebuke: Siblings, I haven't heard from any of you in a few weeks. I really am curious to know what's going on in your lives and how you all are doing. So WRITE!

For the first time in a LONG TIME, I had the chance to play some real basketball this morning. It felt like heaven. Also caused me to worry a little because I'm having some pain in my knees. (Does anyone in our family have knee problems?)

Well anyways the gospel is still true. I'm so greatful to be involved in this world changing work. I love all of you, family and friends. You're a remarkable group and I'm lucky to have spent my life around such amazing, Christ-like people. I LOVE YOU ALL!

Love,

Elder Wilson

No comments: