Monday, August 18, 2008

September 13, 2007

Hello all!
I'm still alive and kicking, despite the best efforts of the MTC cullinary team.
Thanks to everyone who sent me mail of some sort. Nena, Emily, Grammy, Chris, Mom, and especially Dad. It's great to hear from all of you.

Honestly, it was kind of a tough week this week. People have been getting sick, (I gave my first two blessings, which was really cool), Elders in the Zone have been having struggles with focus and obedience, and then to cap it all, we had a Sister in the zone lose her father this past week.

So I've been hard at work, and I'm a little worn, but with the help of the Lord and Mom's homemade granola, I'll make it through.

Had one little snap moment where I reverted to my pre-mission ways. An hermana was making fun of the way I eat my fries a little bit (I had a super bad space-out) to which I kindly responded, "Thank you, Queen of Criticism." to which she kindly let me know that she would no longer be speaking to me. Hermanas.

I apologized later that day and things are all cleared up now. In fact now I think it's pretty funny. Not sure if Hermana Nielsen feels the same way.

Had the chance to see Elder Hinckley (Prophet's son) speak this last Tuesday and that was really cool. He's awesome and reminds me a lot of President Hinckley.

By the way, I've tried dropping subtle hints, but I think now I'll have to be straight forward: Mary and Steve, send me pictures of your sons.
And a note for Kate and Chris, when the time comes, send me pictures of your daughter.

Can't think of much else to say other than that the language is coming quickly, and I can't believe how much I'm learning about the Gospel, and growing spiritually.

Oh fun story from last week that I think I forgot to tell. When I went in to get stitches for my eyebrow, i got a doctor that thought he was really funny. So when they were getting ready to numb me up, he decided to bring out an epideral(?) needle just to see how I would react. The thing was about twelve inches around and ten feet long. He found it a good deal funnier than I did.

Oh here's another fun story. In case anyone didn't know, two days ago was the 150th anniversary of the Mountain Meadows Massacre. I was working in the RC taking calls and I got some really fun calls! The best one started like this "Listen here you Mormon ------ ------". You can try in fill in the blanks if you want but I'll just say it was a word I hadn't heard in a while.

Well anyways, my little half hour timer is getting close to running out so I better wrap up.

I love you all, especially family. I'm thinking about you and praying for you! I'm doing great and enjoying myself and learning and progressing!

Till Next time,

Elder Ben

No comments: