Monday, August 18, 2008

April 21, 2008 - Isaiah 55:12

"For ye shall go out with joy... and all the trees shall clap their hands."

Hello everyone! It has been a great week out here in dusty Chaparral. Just so you all know, this is superweek. We don't have a preparation day this next Monday because transfers are a week from Thursday. (So don't panic when you don't get an email this Monday).

Well Chaparral is about the same as it usually is. The weather has improved a bunch. It's as little bit warmer now but the dust storms have passed.

One of the parents asked what my experience has been with president Higham.... I'm convinced he's the best mission president in the world. He's an amazing teacher, counselor, and leader. I look forward to every chance I have to be with him because I always come away feeling like I've become a little bit better for being with him and hearing his counsel. I have so many important lessons to learn from him, I just hope I can cram it all in before he leaves and someone else comes in!

Also to answer another question: Our focus recently has been calling people unto repentance. It's a great theme although one that's a little bit difficult to wrap your arms around since it encompasses all of missionary work. Any inspired thoughts in that area would be greatly appreciated.

Well I don't know what else to say about this week... I got bit by two dogs. They're crazy around here! Both of them were angry little Chihuahuas that got me on the ankle. I suppose I'm starting to get bit more because I've been in a place where crazy mangy dogs run wild for four months and I've started to lose that healthy fear of wild dogs that people are supposed to have.

Well anyways I'm healthy and happy! The gospel is true! I'm so greatful for the opportunity that I have to serve the Lord with all of my heart might mind and strength for two years! I love you all! Thank you so much for your continued love and support!

Love,

Elder Wilson

No comments: