Monday, August 18, 2008

July 14, 2008 - The Chickens are revolting! Finally, something we agree on...

Hello everyone! It's been a succesful week over here in Tucson. We finally got a few people at church and progressing! Yay!

Right now I'm feeling pretty tired. I'll try to muster up an email of reasonable length anyways.

This week we've been focusing on working with part-member / less-active families (When did the church make this PC change to "less-active" by the way?) with some degree of success. It's much easier to rekindle a fire than it is to start one that's never been there before.

So the work progresses here in our little rama of the church of Jesus Christ. Sometimes it's pretty tough to bring people into the branch. Many of them speak English and Spanish perfectly. I know that they'll have their needs better met and receive more support in an English Ward, yet at the same time our branch needs all the help it can get. It's a little tough for me to balance those two factors. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Thanks!

The monsoon season is oficially here which is fun. The rain cools things off A LOT! I love the rain. Never loved rain so much in my life. The worst is when you can see it raining in one part of Tucson but the sun is still shining (burning?) where you are. Torturous.

What else? What else?

Got bit by a dog. I've been putting Elder Lopez through boot camp and he's lost quite a bit of weight. I had my first letterless week of the mission (Excluding Aunt Jannet who writes about as faithfully and consistently as the sun rises)

Well on that note I'm off! People to find, lessons to teach! I love you all!

Love,

Elder Ben

No comments: