Monday, August 18, 2008

September 20, 2007

Hello everyone,

another great week here at the MTC. Thanks to everyone who sent me letters, emails, DearElders and such, I really appreciate hearing from you all. I'm going to try to find time today to write and send some snailmail letters. We'll see.

Family:
I'm praying for you all and love you all so very much. I'm just starting to begin to catch a glimpse of the things that you have all done for me, siblings and especially Mom and Dad. I really do love you all so much.

By the way, I can't open pictures on the computers here so while I appreciate the effort Mary, I don't think I'll be able to open those until I hit the field.

For all of those of you who are wondering, I leave the MTC in a week and four days. Tuesday October 2nd. I'm really really pumped to get into the field but a little scared at the same time because I don't speak Spanish yet. Yikes! But I know the Lord will figure something out.

Well I had the opportunity to see Elder Ballard the other day and that was really really cool. He talked about simplifying our message and trying to discover what the core of our message is. It's really changed the way I study and it was an awesome talk and I loved it.

Other than that this week has been pretty standard. Except my roommate and really good friend, Elder Rogers, has a heart murmer and it went crazy one day while playing volleyball and he almost passed out and I had to take him to the doctor. Kinda crazy.

This week I've gained an awesome testimonoy of how much the Lord is guiding our lives. Also a testimony of revelation and how clearly the Lord will speak to us if we ask in faith.

Thanks to everyone who sent me cool spiritual thoughts and stuff, by the way. I kinda borrowed some of your ideas and everyone thinks I'm really smart, even though it's really just that my Mom and Dad are really smart and send me good emails.

Had some cool experiences at the RC. Have I ever told you how much I love black people? Seriously, all the people who want the missionaries are Black people and they just love Jesus Christ so much, and love to worship. Hope that didn't sound racist or anything but that's truth.

Also talked to one guy who called up and said "I want as much free stuff as possible, what can you send me?" Who calls up a CHURCH and says that? Kooky.

Oh yeah, I was walking to the temple this morning (I did initiatories which was really cool) and happened to see my old Tahoe! I looked inside and also saw my old tennis racket and a red backpack that was always Brig's but I wore for a time. Everyone in my district is jealous that I get all of these nice little reminders of home all the time because my brother works here.

Oh here's another awesome experience. It's pretty funny although you might not understand if you don't know my Branch president. He's a really formal kinda guy. He's loving in his own way but very... proper and very rules oriented. Anyways I had my regularly scheduled interview this last week and when it was done I told him how much I loved him and he put out his hand for a handshake. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into a big hug and he didn't know what to do for a couple of seconds and then finally hugged me back. It was HILARIOUS! This guy never gives hugs. Oh man.

Oh and Elder Jones and I are having a competition to see who can speak the least English and the most Spanish and I won so he has to call me "Daddy" all of today.

Speaking of Spanish I'm learning quickly and doing well. Of course it's still a little scary because I won't be able to actually speak Spanish by the time I get out of here in a week and half but still, I'm learning quickly.

By the way, I'm not allowed to write emails to anyone but the family, but that might change when I get out to the field, we shall see.

A lot more happens throughout the week than I remember on Thursdays, I'm sorry, but overall it's just been a great week for spiritual growth and feeling good about missionary work. Can't wait to be in Tucson and nod my head like I understand what people are saying to me.

Well I really don't know what else to say and I'm running out of time so I suppose I'll just say I LOVE YOU ALL! I'm rediculously excited to be on a mission and I love it but I miss you all, too!

Sorry if my emails bounce around alot and don't necesarilly have a clear line of logic or reason. That's a glimpse inside my mind for you.
Out of time
I love you all very much,

Elder Benjamin Wilson

No comments: