Monday, August 18, 2008

February 11, 2008

Hello one and all. I'm alive and thrivin' here in Chaparral. I don't know how much I told you about Elder Adams last time I emailed (Probably not much because I had been with him for only two hours), but he's an awesome missionary from Alaska. He is just like my other companions in that he is very old in the mission(only has four months left), but he's very focused, very outgoing, very awesome and I'm excited to see what we can do together here in Chaparral.

The last few days have been great, a lot of finding. We had one experience where we were knocking doors and this one lady opens up her door and invites us in even before we can get up to the door. Her husband was inside as well and while he wasn't quite as interested she said, and she really said in exactly these words "I'm searching for the true church." I was like "WOAH! COOL!". She's really looking forward to reading the Book of Mormon and we'll see if she can kick her husband into gear, too.

Sad, sad, story with Jose. We really comitted him hard to keeping the word of wisdom and he stopped for a few days and was doing really really well. He was more aware than we had ever seen him, he was cracking jokes, there was a good spirit there, IT WAS AWESOME! But then we went over on Friday and you could smell the marijuana all the way from the road. Anyways, he has started smoking and drinking again and stopped reading the Book of Mormon and he really isn't ready to make any progress so we had to drop him. I hope that doesn't sound too harsh but we've gone through this a few times and he's just not ready to make comittments. It's really sad to see him go because he was making so much progress and was doing so much better. sigh.

Oswaldo Villalba, another investigator, had to get surgery on his head. He's doing fine but he didn't come to church this last week because he's embarassed of the big 'ol bandage he's got. So he could definitely use your prayers.

Well besides that I don't have too much else to say. Everything is good out here. Love you all!

Love,
Elder Wilson

No comments: