Monday, August 18, 2008

July 23, 2008 - esCAPE, funny that's spelled just like escape.

Hello one and all!

Well transfers are today and I am... staying here in Tucson! And training! My new companion is named Elder Thomas and he's from the Seattle area. I'm really really happy and excited to have a new companion and one who's pumped up for the work here. Although the prospect of having a companion who speaks very little to no Spanish is a little bit scary. But all in all I'm pumped!

The last week has been hard work. hot. So sooooo hot. I can't even explain how hot it is here. Just use your imagination.

By the way transfers are always going to be on Wednesdays now. I don't know if I've already told you all but that's one of the changes that President Walker has instituted.

Something we have started doing is going around and sharing the plan of salvation with all of the members here. In Spanish branches, it's about 90% converts and I'm amazed at how many of them were really converted when they heard the plan of salvation. Tons of em. Probably at least half. I love being able to teach that lesson so much. For me it's such an amazing way to put things in perspective: Both the importance and the brevity of this life have really stood out to me lately.

We knocked on the door of one woman, Maria (If you ever meet a Mexican woman you can probably just call her Maria. You've got about a 50/50 chance of being right.) and she started crying as soon as she opened the door. She's been going through some tough stuff with her children and had been praying to God for help when we came. She said that, because we were there, she knew God has a plan for her. Really really cool lady.

Well I don't really have much else to share, I love you all. The more I see of the world the more I realize what amazing friends and family I have. Thank you for your love and support!

Love,

Ben

No comments: