Monday, August 18, 2008

December 10, 2007

Hello everyone!

Things are going great here, as usual. Thanks to all who wrote, I really appreciate it.

Actually last night was a little bit of a bummer. Went over to the Carillo family's house last night and they decided that they were going to follow a different church. Felt like quoting Galatians 1:6-7. Also got dropped by two other familes for various reasons. ARGH.

But besides that everything is going well. Found a new family, the Celis family and they're AMAZING! Also we're teaching this amazing woman, sister Luthi, who asks questions like "I'd like to learn more about Joseph Smith" "Is it okay if I try saying the closing prayer?" and "How will I recieve an answer from God?" She's AWESOME!

Mom asked what I'm usually eating. Around Christmas time alot of people start making and selling Tomales so I eat tomales pretty much everywhere we go. By the way have I ever mentioned that everything has chile down here? My mouth has been burning from the day I arrived in El Paso up until now.

Elder Thompson and I did something a little crazy the other day. We were having kind of a bad day and nobody was listening to us and we went by a referal that we had recieved and she didn't want to talk to us and so and we really had no one else to teach. Well across from this referal is a church called "Luz del mundo" (Light of the world) Which is a really false church and we may or may not have had a giant throw down with their pastor before. Well we were feeling crazy and desperate so we walked into their church and started teaching the restored gospel to a few people. Surprisingly, they weren't very receptive, and a few of them even got a little upset. Regardless, it was still pretty fun. (Yes Dad, I know that that's probably against church policy and I'll never do it again)

Anyways I'm afraid I'm running a little late this preparation day and don't have much more time. I love you all and miss you!

Love,
Elder Wilson

No comments: