Monday, August 18, 2008

August 23, 2007

Hola familia!
I'll adress the numerous questions right off the bat.

Yes, I got both packages thank you very much! The Emergen-C has allowed me to maintain my status as the sole person in my district not to catch the cold in any serious way. And i got the retainer one, too, so you can sleep easy now, Dad.

To answer Brig's question, which I'm sure is a completely innocent and idle curiosity, I live in room 313 in building 15M, and my Branch goes to the 7:20 session on Thursdays.

Thanks again for those packages, parents, I really appreciate it. Don't know how I would live without those healthy snacks.

It was really nice to hear from all of you, Mom, Dad, Brig, Caitlin, Lindsay, Brad, Ryan, and Dome, thanks a lot!

So this last week was mostly uneventful, I feel like I'm starting to kind of get into a routine here, which is good and bad, I have to remind myself to keep pushing myself or else it's pretty easy to fall into a rut.

Oh, had one really cool experience with the Blue Book that you guys sent me with all of the family history. I LOVED it by the way. I wrote "Stick of Wilson" on the front of it, I'm not quite sure if that was appropriate so I haven't let any of my teachers or leaders see it. But I especially really liked the writings from Lorenzo Dow Young.

Growing up I always viewed my middle name as a minor annoyance, not a curse or anything but just kind of weird. But after reading that, I really have an appreciation for it and am so glad that I am able to bear that name.
I had a really weird experience when I was reading his writings where I saw a vision of sorts, not a proper vision but more of just an image in my head, and I saw Lorenzo Dow sitting down, writing his autobiography and there was a particular sentence that he wasn't going to include but the Lord prompted him to write it. And I got this feeling that he was prompted to write it specifically for me.

Not gonna lie, it was pretty crazy and unlike anything I've ever experienced before. But it was an amazing experience and I learned a ton from his writings.

We had a 70 speak to us named Elder Neuenschwander and it was a really really good talk. Got me pretty fired up.

We also got a new District in our branch and Elder Jones and I got to show them around, and that was really cool.

That's all I have to report for this week I supposed.

I love you all very much!

Love,

Elder Ben

Lindsay Gibson,
Hope I'm spelling your name right. Well I know I'm not spelling your last name right but I'm afraid I can't remember your real last name right now. Thanks so much for the letter! Those pictures were SO COOL! It was really good to hear from you.

Ryan,
Thanks for the letter, good to hear you're getting huge. Keep it real and keep me updated on how things are going back home.

Brad,
Sorry to hear that story, truly, that is really tragic. You're still the man, though. By the way, Ryan claims he finally got his license but I'm not sure I believe him. Can you confirm/deny?

Dome,
Good to hear from you! Wish I could respond more at length but I'm keeping super busy here. Just keep being you and be cool. You rock.

Mom and Dad,
How are you guys doing? How's Dad's health? Thanks so much for the packages I can't tell you how good it made me feel to recieve something that had the distinct feeling of home. I love you guys a ton!

Brig and Caitlin,
Thanks for the letters. You guys are awesome. Brig, how did the interviews go? I really want to hear about them. Maybe we'll have the chance to catch up in person, who knows. Love you guys.

Tell Nikolai that I love him! And Baby Luke, too!

oh and when is Kate due? Let me know how the little girl is doing!

I'm out of time but I love you one and all!

No comments: