Monday, August 18, 2008

December 3, 2007

Hello everybody!

Things are going great here in El Paso! Just to clear up, I recieved everything, so you all can stop worrying about things getting stolen, lost, etc. Mom, Dad, the package was very much appreciated; especially the books! I've given out a few to some missionaries and one to Bishop Alva and the Bishop loved them! He actually asked me to ask if he could get some at a discounted price or something because he'd like to give them out to all the youth in the ward.

Grammy Marilyn, I also got, and very much appreciated, your letter, complete with pictures of the new house! It's comforting to know that I'm not going to be the lone Texan of the family!

Things are going very well here. Last night I slept walked for the first time in my life! I woke up in the middle of the night and my companion was saying "Hey, why did you turn the lights on?" I said "What the heck are you talking about, I just woke up!" But apparently I turned the lights on and said some mildly crazy stuff.

Speaking of mildly crazy stuff, Elder Thompson always says weird stuff in the mornings when he's not fully awake. The other day he told me that he was worried that we have a dinosaur in our vent. I think we're wearing ourselves out to the point of hallucenation!

So things have slowed down a little bit around here. We went over to the Carrillo house last night and found out that the 12 year old, Luis, just started going to a different church with his friends and then five minutes later the grandma came stumbling in drunk as a skunk. She passed out on the couch, and I really wanted to write "No tomare mas" on her hand but my companion wouldn't let me.

The other day I was on exchanges in the DL's area and had a funny experience. We went finding most of the day but didn't really find anyone that was golden until finally, when we were in a park in the late afternoon, we talked to a man, Jason who had almost been baptized ten years earlier and was searching for the truth. Really awesome, really prepared. Elder Guymon, the elder I was on exchanges with, started to get really excited. After teaching an awesome lesson we asked if we could come by his home and teach him a more on another day and he said
"yeah, that would be great. The only thing is, I live kinda far away, on Hamilton and Dyer (right in the middle of my area)" OH man! Elder Guymon was MAD! Anyways now we're teaching him and he's progressing really well.

Anyways I'm out of time, but I love all of you so much! Thanks to everyone who wrote me! Family, I love and appreciate you and I'm praying for you every day!

Love,

Elder Wilson

No comments: