Monday, August 18, 2008

August 16, 2007

Hey everybody.
Two full weeks in the MTC, Santa Vaca! The first week seemed to take AGES but this last week came and went so fast I couldn't believe it. Time is a funny thing.

Anyways everything is great here. Food is still bad. Mom, send me some granola ASAP as well as anything healthy you can fit into a reasonably sized package (Or an unreasonably sized package if neeeds be).

Thanks to everyone who wrote, I don't really have time to write you all individually but I'll try to throw in little notes to everyone at the end.

I don't know where to begin. President Fausts funeral was really powerful and just super cool. What a great man, his funeral made me wish I had payed way more attention during General Conference when i was a kid. Que lastima!

We also had a 70 named Elder Madsen come and speak to us this last week. His talk was pretty good but it didn't seem like anything special. Seemed like pretty standard stuff about the Gospel and the Atonment and stuff. However, after the talk, we met as a District and shared some of our thoughts, but it soon turned into a testimony meeting of sorts. The miracle of the night was when one of my roommates, Elder Rasmussen, a quiet kid who isn't sure if he really wants to be on a mission and has rediculously bad home sickness, bore a super strong, super short, super powerful testimony that put the majority of the room in tears. He's been doing awesome ever since. Lots of other cool stuff happened but to make a long story short it turned into a giant cry fest where all the elders were hugging each other and awkwardly shaking the hermanas' hands while wishing they could hug the hermanas. Definitely the most spiritually on fire our District has been in our short stay here.

Quick side note to Mom: Ryan Curtis tells me you've rented my room out to a family of midgets. Can you confirm/deny?

Presidente Nuttall was gone this weekend, and, as much as I hate to admit it, it was really really nice. Just refreshing to have a Sunday where you can actually rest and not have the BP breathing down your neck all day.

Wish I had more stories for you but I don't. Spanish is going well, I have great teachers. Can't believe how much I'm learning about the Gospel, I'm just soaking it up. Before the mission, I wanted to learn a language really really bad, and I'm still glad that I'm learning a language, but there's a part of me that wishes I didn't have to spend so much time on Spanish so that I could keep studying the Gospel, I love it so much!

Ok, well that's all I have for the general public. I love you all, family, friends, random people who stumble upon this email, etc.

Till next time,

Elder Benjamin Wilson

P.S.
How come everyone calls me "Elder Ben" in emails and letters. Not that I don't like it, but seriously every single letter I've recieved was written to "Elder Ben"

Emily-
Thanks for the email/dear elder, I got both. Yeah all of Mrs. Tria's teachings are surfacing from the deep recesses of my mind. Keep it real and keep writing.

Ryan - Thanks for checking in, keep it real and let me know what's going on in your life.

Ev - Thanks for the email, good to hear from you.

Uncle Stan - much appreciate the letter, and no we don't recite the aposltes while doing pushups anymore but I might have to bring it back.

My time is about up so Chris Kate Mary Mom Dad Brig thanks so much for writing me and I really appreciate it. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

P.P.S Brig when are you going to start working at the MTC again? And are you going to be at the TEC or the TRC? Can't wait to see you again, bro.

ok LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments: