Monday, August 18, 2008

November 19, 2007

Hey Mom, you might want to read through this and then prayerfully decide who to forward this on to. Also, feel free to edit.

Hello Everyone! You probably weren't expecting an email so soon but it turns out we're not going to be able to email on Thursday so I have the opportunity to shoot something off really quickly today!

Things are struggling a little bit out here. Our Bishopric here in the 3rd ward is in open rebellion and trying to tell us that we have to postpone all baptisms indefinitely, but besides that everything is great!

I really don't know what's going on with them but for some reason they're freaking out about us baptizing any illegal immigrants, because they think that the Bishop can get in trouble for it or something. I'm 99% sure that that's just false, you can't get in trouble for attending to the spiritual needs of an illegal immigrant, but they are really really fighting us.

Also, one of our awesome recent converts got kicked out of his house because he has a punk stepdad and so he started staying with our WML. Well when this random illegal immigrant witchhunt started, our WML got an (probably accurate) idea that this convert might be an illegal immigrant so he kicked him out on the street and now we haven't seen him for a week and can't find him.

We're trying to tell the Bishop that if he wants to kick illegal immigrants out of the church, we can disintegrate the ward because it's 90% illegals, but he doesn't want to hear it.

So actually the 3rd ward is kinda struggling. Yikes! But I'm sure things will get better!

I'm just trying to keep positive thoughts towards our Bishopric and not harbor any feelings of contention. Which is a struggle.

Anyways. How are things at home? Dad, how's your health? Baby Eva looks really really cute from the pictures I've recieved! Send some more! Did anyone get the question that I sent in the last email? Becausae no one has sent a reply yet.

By the way I taught my first truly SPANGlish lesson the other day. We started talking to her in English, taught a few principles in Spanish, went back to English for a while, and then finished and extended comittments in Spanish. I love it.

Well I don't know what else to say. Our investigators are doing really really well despite the ward.

I'm coming to such a love and appreciation of all of the amazing leaders that we have back home. And I'm coming to appreciate and love my family SO MUCH! You're all amazing. I can't believe I was blessed with such amazing parents who have been such amazing examples of love and Christlike living to me. And amazing siblings who have always been there for me and set amazing examples. And all of my siblings-in-law, too! Oh man I'm so blessed! I love you all so much.

Gotta go now! The gospel is true!

Elder Wilson

No comments: