Monday, August 18, 2008

October 16, 2007

Hola everyone!

I'm still alive and kicking here in El Paso. I know a few of you were worried about sending me snail mail and it not getting there because I talked about moving (To prevent the further stealing of bananas). But we're probably not going to move because that takes so much time and we're so busy so go ahead and keep sending me mail at this same address.

So it's been kind of a crazy week. I was really excited for the baptism of the Garcia family but it turns out that that's not going down for a while because Brother Garcia is wanted in Mexico. Really really depressing because that family is so solid, so repentant, and so ready, but rules are rules, I guess.

However on a much happier note, another investigater, Bautizar Lopez, did get baptized. He's so cool. He got baptized Sunday evening. Sunday morning his family was tempting him not to go to church. They were having a barbecue and the whole family was going and they were saying things like "C'mon, you can miss one day of church, just come to the barbecue" etc. etc. But this man loves God, and so he came to church. What a stud.

Oh here's a really really cool story about being able to hear and recognize the whisperings of the Spirit. Elder Thompson and I were getting ready to go knocking and we decided to pray to find a family.
"How big do you think the family should be?" Elder Thompson asked.
"I was thinking four" I replied
"Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing" he said.
So we go out and knock some doors. As we're getting near the end of our hour of knocking, we were walking up to this pink house and I just got a really strong feeling that this was the house.
We knocked and a young mother, probably about 30, answered. She really wasn't very receptive or interested, so I thought, darn, I must have been wrong. However, Elder Thompson must have received the same prompting and had more faith because just as we were about to leave he asks "Oh and one more thing, how many people are in your family?"

And of course, she responded "Four".

We managed to get a return appointment and I don't know how, but someday, she and her family are getting baptized.

This work is amazing, everyone. I've only been here a couple of weeks but I've already seen it change lives and rescue people from the depths of despair and depression. I know that there is no greater message on the earth. This is the Church of Jesus Christ. He is just waiting to help us. Not only to save our souls eternally, but to make us happy here and now. I hope everyone knows that I have a testimony of the divinity of this work and that Jesus is our only Savior and that the Book of Mormon is true.

I'm out of time. I loved loved loved getting emails from all of you. It's awesome that the Blatters and Blairs are in our ward now. cool.

Love you all! I love my family so much! Mom, Dad, you are the best parents in the world and I can't even express how much I love you!

Adios,

Elder Wilson

No comments: