Monday, August 18, 2008

September 27, 2007

Hola everyone!

As you all know I'm coming down the home stretch at the MTC, only four more days. I've loved it here and I've grown a ton but I'm not gonna lie, I'm going to be really happy to get into the field.

Parents, this means I might get to make a phone call on Tuesday, but I don't know where or when this will be so just be prepared.

Thanks to everyone who wrote me, I really appreciate it. Last week I sent out a few letters and today I'm going to send a few more. There's a few of you who I would like to write but I don't have your address (Ryan Curtis, Brett Candland, Brad Coons, Brian VB etc. you know who you are.) so send me a hand written letter or send me a Dear Elder or email with your address on it. Cool.

First things first. Yesterday I saw Brother Wunder (Awesome guy who served in Danville a few years ago and now works at the MTC) and he told me that Rachel Holt and Phil Greenan are dating. I switch back and forth between reserved doubt and outright disbelief. Can anyone confirm/deny? Actually if it's to confirm, just don't tell me because that'll weird me out way too much.

We got our flight plans last Friday which was really exciting. It's getting hard to concentrate realizing that we're taking off on Tuesday. I'm WAY excited!

I've been rereading the Book of Mormon here in the MTC and I just finished which was really really awesome. I love Moroni chapters 7-10, SO GOOD! But that was really spiritually uplifting and a huge testimony builder.

Really funny story happened the other day. All of you who really know me know how apt to spacing out I am. I can be somewhere physically but really not be there at all. Well I was really hungry right before lunch the other day and I was thinking really hard about what I was going to eat. From my perspective, I just went into the cafeteria and got food and all of the sudden my companion was acting very hurt and a little angry with me and I couldn't figure out why. Apparently what happened was Elder Jones and I had walked by a bathroom and he told me that he had to go. I looked right at him and shook my head okay, and the second he went into the bathroom I just carried on walking towards the cafeteria. When he walked out I was obviously nowhere to be found and he thought I had gotten impatient with him and just left. Elder Jones is a pretty emotional guy so he was pretty hurt.
I honestly remember none of this. But I laughed pretty hard when I heard what happened.

I've grown a ton spiritually this week and I'm super pumped to get out there and start teaching people about the Gospel. Speaking of "super pumped", Elder Jones and I are in charge of greeting new districts on their first night here in the MTC and talking to them about a few things. I was talking about planning and I used the term "Super Pumped" and President Nuttall got mad. Apparently super pumped isn't a missionary appropriate term.

I heard a really cool quote the other day, it said "The Devil doesn't care if you think good of yourself or bad of yourself, as long as you're thinking about yourself" Way, way true.

Oh yeah and I told you a little bit about Elder Rogers last week and about his heart condition. I had an opportunity to give him a blessing the other day, and it was an AMAZING experience. I felt really inspired in what to say and it was cool. Don't have much time now so I guess I'll have to say more next week.

Quick reminder, you can send me letters here for a few more days but my address is going to change on Tuesday morning, obviously, so make sure you don't send something to the MTC when I'm not there.

But my email address is going to stay the same so that's safe. My little timer is blinking which means I'm about out of time.

I love you all. Especially family, I love you all so MUCH! Mom, Dad, Brig, Caitlin, Mary, Steve, Kate, Chris, Nikolai, Luke, Eva, even Sam and Kai! You're the best and I love and appreciate you so much.

Love,

Elder Benjamin Wilson

No comments: