Monday, August 18, 2008

August 4, 2008 - Here's lookin' at you kid

Hello everybody. It's been another warm week here in Tucson. I count it a blessing from the Lord every day that I don't just melt.

The work goes forward in our little branch of the vineyard. It's been pretty tough to get people to keep comittments but we've got a few amazing investigators who are going forward and progressing.

We had ten people who comitted to come to church. Who we called Saturday night and said they were ready, who we called Sunday morning and said they were going to come... and then didn't show up Sunday morning. Ouch.

On Saturday one of the oddest things I've experienced in my entire mission happened. We were riding our bikes from one appointment to another, and we happened to pass by a house with about ten dogs that were all barking at us from behind the fence. The owner of the house, a middle-aged lady, was standing right in the middle of the walkway by the fence. My companion, Elder Thomas, is really really quiet. But on this particular occasion, he felt like barking back at the dogs. Well he growled and barked for a few seconds as we rode by and the owner of thet house laughs and says "What kind of breed are you?" I looked at Elder Thomas and he was as red as a cherry and muttered "Oh, I didn't see her there."

On a side note, Tucson has lots of monsoons. They come out of nowhere and rain really hard for an hour and then leave. This presents a problem when you're on a bike all day. One of the problems is that your bike throws the dirty water on the streets all over your back. The point of this little side note is to tell you that I have a few shirts that have been ruined by this phenomenon and am going to need to buy a couple new ones. Oh, and I've tried every method known to man to get the stains out and it doesn't work, but you're free to send other suggestions if you'd like.

I love you all, thank you so much for the love and support (and letters).

Love,

Elder Wilson

PS
Dad- Thank you so much for that Elder Maxwell talk it was awesome, and I love that quote!

PPS
Mom- I HAVE seen Casa Blanca

No comments: