Monday, August 18, 2008

August 18, 2008 - You ate the whole wheel of cheese? I'm not even mad, I'm just impressed!

Hello family!

Everything is going well here in Tucson. No real sign of the heat letting up. This morning we went to a park with one of our members to do a workout with him. He has some new program called P90X or something like that. It's a crazy yoga/kick boxing/weight lifting combo thing. Anyways it was fun.

It's been a week. We're starting to see some success here. We have three baptismal dates right now and we're planning on setting at least seven more this week. The other companionship in the branch had two baptisms on Saturday, and we had two investigators there! Investigators at baptisms is the BEST! They feel the spirit there and before you know it they're begging to be baptized! So that was awesome (We celebrated with some post-baptism in-n-out... and that was pretty awesome too)

I love baptisms. I LOVE BAPTISMS. It's kind of like Christmas, The Olympics, General conference, and summer break all combined into one and then compacted into a 40 minute ball of spiritual goodness.

We're starting to fill up our little meetinghouse and so it looks like we might start having two sacrament meetings in the coming months or something like that. Google map our meetinghouse, by the way. You'll see that it's the most random little church in the world, squeezed between an Eegee's (A fast food joint) and a Brake Masters. I love the place.

My companion had his first "worst day of his mission". We ate some pretty sketchy Chimi chongas (spelling?) in the morning and his body isn't quite used to that sort of stuff yet. He couldn't be away from the bathroom for more than 30 minutes. Poor guy.

Which brings me to Mexican Food. You people always want me to talk more about normal missionary life so here it goes. I think Mexican Food is the most hit-or-miss kind of food there is. If you get some really delicious tacos or posole or mole (Not an actual mole, it has an accent over the e and it's chicken with a chile/chocolate/gravy sauce on it) there's nothing better in the world. On the other hand you can get some REALLY sketchy stuff as well. There really isn't much of a gray area.

Well that's about it for this week boys and girls. My mission theme right now is Alma 26:22 I guess I'll elaborate more on that some other time. As for right now, I'd rather finish emailing so I can finish my Pday earlier and start preaching earlier!

I love you all! Thanks for the love and support!

Love,

Elder Ben Wilson

No comments: