Monday, August 18, 2008

March 3, 2008 - Mark 8:24

"And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking."

Hello one and all.

It's been another great week here in sunny chaparral. But first some news of sorts. Apparently the El Paso mail system is really screwed up and they've been losing a lot of things lately. I just got a letter from Brother Wyatt postmarked from Oakland January 28th, and I recieved it March 1st!

Seeing as I'm probably getting transfered in three weeks and Elder Adams usually has to take a long time at the computer to work on college applications... it's probably better just to email me for the next few weeks.

But yes, Dad, I did recieve the birth certificate and the passport copy although now I'm not sure if we'll be able to find anyone to take to the temple...

Caitlin is pregnant!?!?!?!? WOW! Awesome! That's so exciting! COOL! If it's a boy name him Tree.

Well anyways. We had an amazing week this week even though no one came to church (That's supposed to be the rap on this place, right? Good humble people but hard to get them to keep comittments.)
But we have a few baptismal dates now (WOW! First dates I've set in Chaparral in a loooong time) So things are definitely looking up.

We're teaching a young man, named Jose and I honestly can't believe him. It's like someone cut him out of Preach My Gospel. He's amazing! He's asks questions like:
But how am I going to recieve an answer?
Is there anything in the Book of Mormon that could help me get through tough times?
etc. etc.

And we almost didn't talk to him! I've discovered a principle in missionary work... The closer you were to not talking with someone, the more prepared for the gospel they are. I don't know if that makes sense to any of you but it's way true.

We also saved someone from the jaws of J-dubism. We contacted a family on the side of the road and they were really really cool. We started talking to them and started teaching a little and then i asked if they had a Bible that we could use (always nice to use their Bible so they know that we don't use a different one) and he busts out a NEW WORLD TRANSLATION of the Holy Scriptures. I said "Where did you get that?" and he told us that the J-dubs had been by only a few hours ago. "But they're all the same, right?" He asked. I told him that that particular Bible isn't my favorite because it's missing stuff and I showed up Mark 11:26 (Which isn't in their Bible) and he was stunned! He said "This is trash, I don't want it. Can you give me one of your Bibles?" Anyways they're a really really good family that we're teaching now, YAY!

Well anyways. I'm doing great and loving it out here. I really appreciate all of your letters and emails. The gospel is true! There is no better message in the world. Nothing that changes lives more than a true understanding of the atonement of Jesus Christ! Keep it real!

Love,

Elder Wilson

No comments: