Monday, August 18, 2008

May 1, 2008 - Greetings from Horizon

Hello one and all! As you probably noticed from the Subject line, I've been transfered to the beautiful community of Horizon. I haven't even been there yet so I can't tell you what it's like but from what I hear it's a small, dusty, community outside of El Paso (Kind of like Chaparral).

It's a little bit sad to be leaving Chaparral and some of the amazing people that I met there. Yesterday I went and visited all of the recent converts and many of the investigators that I had met while there. It's hard to explain the emotions that are going through me right now. I'm really excited to be going to Horizon, it's supposed to be a great area and my new companion, Elder Vanderhorst, is supposed to be a stud. But it also hurts to be leaving some of those amazing people that I met in Chaparral. It's funny how a mission changes a person; I didn't think I'd ever be able to miss a place like Chaparral. Also, Elder Adams was a great companion so I'll definitely be missing him.
But I won't miss the rabid dogs, the dust storms, doing parking lot contacts in the one supermarket in town, or the great abundance of trailers.

I don't have our address yet so I'll have to send that on Monday.

Well this last week we found an AMAZING new investigator named Sandra. We found her because we were over at a part-member's house and their friend, Sandra dropped in for a short visit. I was playing with my ring that my trainer gave to me that has the Navuoo sunstone on it and she, Sandra, asked me what it all meant. Well then we started talking about the plan of salvation with her and she had a lot of quesions, apparently she's been searching for some time and right there during that first lesson she said that she could feel the spirit testifying that what we were sharing was true. It was AWESOME.

Well anyways besides that I'm healthy, happy, and excited to be here in the Great Arizona Tucson Mission!!!! I love you all and I'm greatful for all of the support that you give me!

Love,

Elder Ben Wilson

No comments: